Executive Committee Reports
The Fareham Society Executive Committee meets most months throughout the year to discuss issues, organise events and carry out the day-to-day business of the Society. Below you will find summary reports from those meetings. These are not formal minutes but provide a flavour of the discussions.
The Society monitors:
Local Plans and general planning applications, where appropriate.
Borough Council Meetings are attended and many depositions made to Planning Appeals and Public Enquiries as required. Members are kept up to date with planning matters at our monthly meetings as well as in the thrice yearly Society newsletters.
The Society organises:
- Regular working parties with the Council Ranger in the Gillies
- Regular talks on subjects that may be of interest to members
- A volunteer group who produces a detailed Butterfly Survey at the Gillies with the results sent to the Hampshire County Database
- Participation in working parties for Beach Cleans
- We also volunteer to check footpaths in the Borough on behalf of Hampshire County council
Join Fareham Society
Would you like to be part of this decision-making team?
Why not consider joining Fareham Society to meet new like-minded people and make a difference in your society.